Gratitude helps you deal with all the stress that comes from being an entrepreneur.
As a business owner, you have to deal with a lot of tasks that require you to wear many hats.
You are a manager, a strategist, an accountant, a problem solver, a customer service representative, an IT tech, a marketer, a content creator, a photographer, etc. There is one skill that is critical that they don’t teach you in class or on the job, and that skill is gratitude, as a business owner.
Gratitude gets you through the good and the bad, the ups and downs, and helps you deal with all the stress that comes from being an entrepreneur.
Here’s a quick look at just five ways you can develop gratitude as a skill set, to help you to be a happier, healthier business owner:
5 Ways To Develop An Attitude of Gratitude as a Business Owner:
- Reflection: As business owners, we are typically looking to the future of our business, but some of our best knowledge and learning can come from the past. Where was your business six months ago? What about a year ago? For those of you who have been in business for years, where was it five or ten years ago? It’s easy to get caught up in where you’re at and where you’re going, but taking a stroll down memory lane can help you to see just how far you’ve come.
- Journaling: Writing is a great outlet, and journaling your thoughts can be incredibly helpful as a business owner. Whether you journal as a method of reflection, or merely keep a gratitude journal to help you start or end the day on the right foot, the act of writing things out can be very therapeutic. If you can start or end your day by writing about three things you’re most thankful for, even the worst day won’t seem so bad.
- Meditation: While the act of meditation might not appeal to everyone, there’s something to be said about silence and stillness. Most business owners typically struggle with giving themselves any downtime, and the act of meditation allows us to actively choose to sit with ourselves. If you’re struggling to find certain answers personally or professionally, a regular meditation practice can work wonders. If nothing else, simply take a moment to remind yourself to slow down and just breathe.
- Affirmations: Affirmations can be a great way to help us actively call in what we want. When we are struggling to fully feel or believe something, morning affirmations can serve as a helpful reminder that boosts our confidence. Affirmations can also act as great journaling or meditation prompts, so experiment to see what works for you. If you’re struggling to create your own affirmations, you can buy a book, a deck, or look some up online.
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness is the act of being fully aware and present in our bodies. Typically we may find ourselves re-hashing the past or feeling anxious about the future, but that can often keep us from finding joy in the now moment. Happiness creates success – not the other way around. Ask yourself what you can do today to help your overall outlook and mood.
Gratitude gets you through the good and the bad, the ups and downs, and helps you deal with all the stress that comes from being an entrepreneur. It is a critical skill that we just don’t often get taught. It can make the difference between a peaceful life built with intention and a stressful existence.
At Marketing Maiden, we are your experts in Digital Marketing. If you’re a local business in the greater Loveland area, we would love to help you take your marketing efforts to the next level. We love helping small, local businesses like ours to not only survive but thrive. If you would benefit from professional help marketing your business, let’s set up some time to chat. Schedule your free consultation on our website today here so we can discuss your marketing needs!